ASSISTANT PROGRAM OFFICER– ADVOCACY AND COMMUNICATION
IMLU is recruiting an Assistant Programme Officer - Advocacy and Communications who will be responsible for the organization’s effective communication with different target audiences, assist in editing and issuing press releases, and arranging media interviews, respond to media enquiries/requests, development of content, regularly updating the organization’s website, running robust social media campaigns, and assist with the production of publicity materials, including newsletter, leaflets and posters and maintain the organization’s Resource Center.
- a) At least two (2) years’ experience of working in a communications, public relations or media role.
- b) Demonstrated ability to manage multiple, simultaneous projects, to prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- c) Demonstrated experience of campaign design and management and the use of social and mass media for advocacy.
- d) Experience in community mobilization, organization and advocacy programmes.
- e) Experience in working with the media to give visibility and voice to victims and reform issues.
- f) Experience in desktop publishing software (InDesign/Photoshop or related software) an added advantage